5.19.2008

Whirly Ball

Whirly Ball is a Krauss Family favorite! This is something that my family does religiously at Christmas. After trying to explain this game to the millionth person, I decided to go ahead and find some pictures that will depict what it is.
Components:
Scoop -
Bumper car with no brakes and only a joystick to drive -

Whiffle Ball -
Court...contains two basketball backboards with holes in the back and an electrified floor

The goal...to make as many shots as you can while racing around in your bumper car not being able to brake. All the components of endless fun!
To further show the game I did find a video on youtube, but it isn't too great and the commentary is dumb...but it you'll get the jist of it. Remember if anyone wants to play come visit us in Dallas and we'll take you on!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Christmas....whirlyball. Yes, I see clearly how those 2 go together. OK, the next time we're in Dallas bring it on. (cough, cough). I think I actually had it in my brain pretty accurately how the game goes. Dang whacky.

emily said...

That does sound like endless fun. Next time I'm there, I'm there.

Amber said...

I seriously have never heard of this. I'd like to play sometime. Looks like fun. I love that the video is called "What the -- is whirly ball." Thanks for explaining the game.

Tricia and Michael said...

I am hooked on whirly ball!!! I am now an official member of the great, National Organization of Whirly Ball Of Yorktown. (N.O.W.B.O.Y.) I'm looking into joining Whirly Associates Members, Ballers And Manly Men. (W.A.M. B.A.M.M.) I'll fill you in on how you can join, too. Only problem is that I may have injured my whirly arm, you know the injury, whirly elbow. I'll be fine though!

Unknown said...

That game looks and sounds totally awesome! I have never heard of it before and we will have to try it out!