8.04.2008

Just like Camping!

Well, we officially no longer live in San Antonio! It is kind of weird, but I haven't had much time to think about it. Things have been non-stop since I got here.

I came down to Houston last Tuesday and met my Mom at the airport so that we could start painting and other various things before Scott arrived on Thursday with all of our stuff. Nothing ever goes as smoothly as planned, so when we got here, we didn't have any utilities...meaning no AC in 100 + degree weather. Not fun. So, we spent most of the first afternoon at Marshall's waiting for the electricity to be turned on. The water company was a bit slower and didn't come until the following day, so it was a bit like camping that night using galloned water for all of our needs (remember that toilets don't flush without water...but make great latrines)!


I will post before and after pictures soon, but right now I need to get back to work.

4 comments:

Tricia and Michael said...

yuck!! you got internet faster than i thought you might. hope the improvements are going well.

emily said...

Marshalls was definitley a good alternative to 100* painting. I can't wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

Yikes! I can't wait to see paint colors. And we just found the shower rod of yours!! I will be posting our home soon too. It has been crazy here.

Nancy said...

uggh. no AC. Tough but memorable. Am anxious to see pics, too. Can't post too many. Glad your folks could come down and help. Wish we could be there, too. Well, one day.