
I have developed a fan club at work. I suppose it's not really a fan club as much as it is a client base that I like to consider my fan club.
For those of you who may or may not know, I can sign. I grew up doing it in school because our school was combined hearing and deaf so it was just another subject for me. To my surprise the day after Thanksgiving a deaf guy came in the bank and needed financial/investment help. He was DELIGHTED to find someone that could sign to him instead of passing notes (It did happen to be one of the highlights of my day since I don't get to sign very often). Well, since then word has spread through the deaf community and I now have a loyal fan club (again, it's a fan club in my head) of several deaf people that come to me!!! I LOVE IT! I now get to sign at least once a week and it makes me happy every time.
One of the perks of having deaf clients is that no one can mess up recommendations that I've given or try and steal my clients for commission etc. because they CAN'T TALK TO THEM!! Also, no one knows if I'm just chatting with them and wasting time because they have no idea what we're talking about!!!
Gotta love it.
One of the perks of having deaf clients is that no one can mess up recommendations that I've given or try and steal my clients for commission etc. because they CAN'T TALK TO THEM!! Also, no one knows if I'm just chatting with them and wasting time because they have no idea what we're talking about!!!
Gotta love it.
6 comments:
that's awesome!
That really is the coolest thing.
ps we miss you
pps merry christmas
Jim has talked about how you will probably end up with quite a clientelle. Nice to know it has happened and that you get so much pleasure out of it. Ahh, it's nice to enjoy one's job-at least part of the time.
I didn't know you could sign. That's awesome. You know a whole different language.
I took ASL 1A in 2006. I can sign my name and colors and certain things. We should 'talk' some time. It is very fun and I use signs sometimes with my children because they seem to always be hard of hearing anyways...That's great and I can't wait until I have more time to learn more.
Very cool! I had no idea you could sign either. I love that no one can steal these clients from you. Our ward is the deaf ward, we have quite a few signers; I'm always amazed at you people that can do it!
Post a Comment