I should be SLEEPING! I start school tomorrow, so I should be in bed. Am I? No. Scott got me sick so I should probably be trying to get over that. Am I? No. What am I doing? Organizing our upstairs room. For some reason I feel it is more important than sleep. And while organizing why not stop and take a minute to blog.
We finished painting our upstairs room and got some shelves up and things like that. I'll post more on that later.
Yesterday, I got my 4th calling at church. That's right, 4th. They said they are going to release me from one of my other callings, but nothing yet. I guess they don't understand when you say, "I'm willing to, but I am really busy because I'm working full time and going to school full time." I guess they just hear," I'm willing, blah blah blah blah."
So, I am now the head nursery leader (we have about 20 kids in nursery). All of the workers rotate out so that they get to go to relief society/elders quorum every other Sunday. So that's nice. Except I'm the leader and don't get to rotate. I guess it's gonna be another several months that I don't get a spiritual lesson in church. Bummer.
I know I sound a little down on the whole thing right now, but part of me is excited. I'm just worried about not having time to do 3 or 4 callings with my schedule. I mean, I'll be out of the house from 8:30 - 10:00 3 days out of the week. The other days I'll still have to be at work from 8:30 - 6:00 incl Saturday. (Have I mentioned I want to quit my job?)
Well, sorry for the rant, I feel better now.
8 comments:
Yes, you should be sleeping..I always tell myself that when I'm up half the night stressing about something.
Wow. 4 callings, I thought 2 was a lot. You'll be a great nursery leader. It is nice that they have the other leaders go to RS every other sunday, too bad you can't do that too. Good luck with your semester.
Well, I know this won't help, but I'd love to be in nursery so I don't have to be in RS...
Go to bed. Right now!
Or else post pictures of your upstairs room!
I hear you!! I'm so busy, but I keep getting more and more things to do. I'm stressed out, and because I'm stressed I can't sleep. I only have one calling at church though. Thank goodness. It takes quite a bit of my time.
I'm not going to even to tell you that it will get better, because I don't quite believe that for myself, but I am there with you!
:)
Stress is so physically damaging to one's health. Please take whatever steps you need to to protect it or you will have to pay later. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to quit everything. It might mean you might have to be firm about getting released from A calling or two, or deep breath a lot, or tweak your attitude or, here's an idea-go to bed! At least you are lucky and are pretty good at falling asleep. We love you and want you to be strong for this big semester coming up and more! Petting dogs works, too. tee hee.
Maybe it's a sign that you guys should you start having kids!!! You know being called to be the Nursery Leader??? You got time for that don't you?
I know what you are going through and what it feels like. I hope you can make it through. Sometimes I struggle with just regular life things. I think I have finally realized that I am a mom now and that is enough, although I am looking for work now. Take good care of YOU!
Oh Paige, I don't know if saying "good luck" is going to cut it! All I know is you are amazing and you can do anything. Hopefully they release you from a calling or two. What else do they have you doing? I wish you the best with school, and you can always rant on blogs, that's what there for! hehe
Post a Comment