2.06.2009

Upstairs Room

I am finally posting before and after pics of our upstairs room. The extremely cluttered before pictures is how the previous owners had it when we looked at the house. It is also hard to tell, but the color green they used was EXTREMELY intense and made the room like a cave...not to mention they had painted the ceiling that color as well!

So, we painted it a nice soft yellow, painted the ceiling white, and it feels TONS better. Since it is our workout room, my school office, and my craft area I felt it needed to be done. It still isn't totally done, I need to finish organizing my desk area and we have some blank spots along the wall by the window that I want to put a chair etc. on, but you get the general idea. And I apologize, because of the shape of the room it is actually really hard to get a good angle for a picture.

Before:

After:

3 comments:

Amber said...

That looks so much better. I can't believe what a difference it makes to repaint a room. (I need to paint my whole house...someday)

Nancy said...

Excellent! Can't wait to see it in person. Fine use of the window ledge or is that an "upper sill"? I'll bet bright and light feels so much better.

emily said...

Yes, what a difference! What exactly were they thinking with that green paint?! Your office space looks so nice! Looks like a fun room to hang out in together.