6.21.2009

Santa Fe

During our road trip we stopped in Santa Fe for a day because it is somewhere I have always wanted Scott to see. Most people just see it as a place full of drab colored houses (which it is from the highway), but if you venture into the city it has an awesome little plaza with cute shops, good food, tons of history, and Indians selling jewelry.

I've been several times growing up, so we hit all of my old favorite stops. We even got to eat at La Casa Sena, a restaurant where the waiters all sing broadway, and some of the same waiters were there from my very first trip when I was 13! We also saw the famous "miracle staircase" at the Loretto Chapel. Check out the story of the staircase here! It is a big mystery and pretty interesting.

Scott making his move on an unsuspecting cat








Chocolate Covered Bananas in the plaza
Plaza Restaurant - been there over 100 yrs and has GREAT food, esp. pie
Originally the staircase had no banister. It was added later at the nuns request
It held some weight. Apparently the nuns did this daily for almost 80 years.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Yes, we thought Santa Fe was just full of drab colored houses. But that chapel and staircase are gorgeous! Such beautiful works of art. I definitely think the cat put Scott under a spell.