Roaches! Anyone who knows me knows that is the biggest fear/hatred in my life. It's true, and it's pathetic. Every year all of the roaches in the world hold a convention just to make sure that everyone knows how terrified I am of them. Armed with this knowledge they all proceed to attack me!! Everyone always says they are more afraid of you than you are of them...bull.
In the last 5 days I have had 6 horrible encounters. That's right, 6. Starting in Dallas where my parents insist that they never see one until I come to visit. Well, there were 2 on Saturday night while we were watching movies.
Then, when we got home on Sunday night and one ran out from under the couch right next to where I was sitting. When I jumped up, it TURNED and ran RIGHT AT ME!
Monday night one dropped from the vent in the ceiling and started flying around the room RIGHT OVER MY HEAD. Wherever I ran, it flew (why do they have to have wings anyway).
Another came out from UNDER THE DISHWASHER, and then tonight while I was sitting on my floor typing a paper in the middle of my den one CRAWLED ON MY LEG! It's not like I'm unaware, they just come out of nowhere and hunt me down.
Needless to say I also hate Houston right now and I'm surprised my heart hasn't given out. Thankfully I have a husband willing to kill them (eventhough I sometimes have to wake him up to do it).
7 comments:
haha...and the ones in Texas are HUGE tree roaches...YUCK!!! I'm with you- they DO attack people...but I think it's because they're So stupid they run into you. I hate them too...although I've had to be brave and take care quite a lot of them on my own- not a fun task- But I have to admit, it certainly makes the ones here in Connecticut look SUPER small and not that big of a deal.
Sorry Paige. I read the first word and couldn't go on. Whatever happened, I feel your pain and you have my utmost sympathy. I'm just impressed you could devote a blog to this topic!
I never see roaches here..maybe you should move to Utah;)
Well said!! I must say that is the most I have seen (or heard of seeing) since we have lived here. I can only count 3 that have attacked us here. May the force be with you!! (well with scott as he kills them)
ok that is super creepy. I'm glad I never see em' here, cuz I'd freak out too. Eww!! My dad has some pretty gross stories of roaches when he was on his mish in Guatemala. I don't know how he lived through it...
There's a good movie I recommend, it's called "Joe's apartment"
Ewww! Ewww! And EWWWW! I hate roaches too! We found one in our townhome, but I think it was actually a grasshopper!
Post a Comment