2.27.2010

Home Improvement - Part 1

I'm posting my home improvement pictures in parts. This really accomplishes two things: 1. lets me have something to post about for a few days 2. lets me clean the respective parts of my house I'm photographing for the final shots!

So, I'm starting out small...artwork. This isn't just any artwork, this is artwork that I made to fill the HUGE blank space above our fireplace. I am positively in LOVE with this. I made it from a couple of boards cut in half, some wood stain, spray paint, and a doormat (used as a stencil). This is a SUPER cheap and easy way to create a large piece of artwork. If anyone wants to know the specifics on how to do it, let me know and I'll post them!
***Sorry the pictures didn't turn out well; I kept getting glare from the flash on the polyurethane, just know they look much cooler in person and you can actually see the wood grain!

6 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Ummm... YES! Details please.

Barlow Fam said...

Oh, because they're beautiful. :)

emily said...

Those are so cool! I want details too! I'm so glad you're blogging!

Your comment about the Help cracked me up. Ya, no chocolate pie for me, thanks.

Nancy said...

Ugggg. I'd forgotten about the chocolate pie! Yes, gorgeous and I can testify because I've seen them in person!

Amber said...

Those are awesome and YOU did them which makes it even better.
Yup, I'd like the details too.

Tricia and Michael said...

that looks AWESOME!!! nicely done!