3.02.2010

Home Improvement - Part 2

As promised, here is my chocolate wall!! It is a weird shaped wall because it was put in for the stairs when the previous owners added the upstairs room. I needed a dark color to contrast my couch so it didn't look washed out, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this wall. You can't really tell from the pictures, but the rest of the front room is white and the kitchen is now a really pale blue (I will put more pictures of all that stuff later!), so the brown goes really well. Plus notice my great painting from Marshall's that I got for $30!! Gotta love Marshall's! Oh, and forgive the messy kitchen in the background.

5 comments:

emily said...

I LOVE it! I want to see more of the blue kitchen.

Unknown said...

I love it! And you have reminded me to get to Marshalls!

Nancy said...

That wall is now PERFECT!!! Such a fantastic idea to "pop" your sofa! The color is delicious in more ways than one. The funky angle to that wall only makes it more like part of the art going on in that room. Can't wait to see it in person. And the size of that room perfectly handles such a dark color. Love it!!

Amber said...

Your house is gorgeous, I'm loving all these home improvments.. hopefully I will see it someday

Neil and Steph said...

Very nice! I hope someday we can come see it in PERSON!! I need to win the lottery...