9.17.2010

A post, a real post

So, I have been the absolute WORST about blogging lately. So, I figure I will do some smaller posts so that I'm not overwhelmed and actually post about stuff.

First, what's been going on with us lately. Scott is in his third year of school which means his last year of classes before he does a year of externships basically being free labor for doctors. We are SOOOOO excited. The end is in sight. Only two years until he is officially a Dr.

I am just about done with my degree, I am taking one lecture class learning how to administer, score, and analyze IQ tests (which means everyone around me is constantly having their IQ tested) and I'm doing internship. I got in at a really great internship site that lets me do not only counseling, but working in elementary schools with a bully proofing program and doing employability training for out of work people. So far I love it! I love that I get to do a variety of things (I'll be adding in mediation and some other things later) so I haven't gotten burned out yet.

Now, for pictures and stuff from Sebastian's visit....

As I posted a while back Sebastian came down to visit us for about 3 days (his first official trip by himself) and we had a blast. We went to NASA, Kemah Boardwalk, Swimming, and basically just played a lot. We also gave him his first ever banana split...which went over VERY well. Here is a brief synopsis of what we did and what went over well:

NASA - huge rocket ships, rocket balloons, astronauts training...BIG BIG HIT

Kemah - lots of rides (by himself!), super freakishly hot day, a train, the ocean, and McDonald's ice cream after to cool down. He LOVED the ride where it drops suddenly (see video below) and quit literally rode it 18 times. The girl just stopped pulling up his harness.

Banana Splits - he LOVED this new found thing and Molly, I swear I fed him real food while he was here.

Swimming - went for 4 hours and got water-logged

Rocket balloons - He and Scott had tons of fun letting these fly and using them as swords.

Ice Age - watched repeatedly with Scott who didn't care that it was the same movie as long as he didn't have to study.

Here are some pics from the weekend.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for the both of you!! I can't believe you are almost done. That is FANTASTIC!! And I now want to have my IQ tested. :)

Francois & Dyan said...

Too cute!! I am soo glad that he had such a great time visiting you in Houston. You are the best Aunt ever!
ps: next time I'm inviting myself over for a banana split!

xoxo

Tricia and Michael said...

He looks SOOOO much like your dad! and hooray for almost being done!!! aaand I do NOT want my IQ tested . . . . . . or my vision. can we still be friends? :)

ps, have you finished your quilt yet?

Paige said...

Trish...I have NOT finished my quilt yet, I still need you to show me how. So, you and Rylee should come to Houston sometime for a girl's weekend!!! And you think Sebastian looks like my Dad?? All I can see is Sam.

Tricia and Michael said...

haha! maybe cuz I don't think I've seen Sam. . . . .

and we totally should do a girls weekend! after halloween of course- or maybe we could do thanksgiving again!? just a thought.

Nancy said...

I don't see any pictures. You're really setting quite a precedent with Sebatian. Lucky kid!!

Nancy said...

That time the picture box came up. CUTE!!!!!!!!

emily said...

How fun! I'm sure the boys had fun with that aerosol whipped cream. What a fun memory for Sebastian!