In church all the men were given beef jerky and corn nuts duct-taped together to celebrate Father's Day. Not soon after these delicious treats were dispersed was an announcement made that a water main had busted in the church building causing flooding and a halt to church classes. As if united by the need to fix things that is innate in all human males, all the fathers marched to the site of aqueous outpouring and each donated the duct tape from their treats that were given to stop the water and fix the pipe. When the pipe was sealed up, low grunts of congratulations were awarded to all and many hearty slaps and punches were exchanged to replace the appropriatly used duct tape. Many parts of that story are true.

I have learned so much from my own father that if I were to list them all here the internet would explode, and my sister has a pretty good list, so in addition to what she has posted, my dad has also taught me:
- a cheesy joke is a good joke
- cheesy poetry is good poetry
- cheesy poetry about animals is still good poetry
-everything around you is fodder for cheesy poetry
- don't carry the ball when dribbling
- scratching your belly before bed is good
- stop and look at loud airplanes flying over
- stop and look at loud helicopters flying over
- how to properly taste things (this would have to be demonstrated in person)
- to love the outdoors
and
-a thought is not complete until it is written down
Thanks dad for everything, I am still learning things from you even from long distance I love you.

I have also learned things from my father in law such as:
-motorcycles are cool
-fast motorcycles are cooler
-many fast motorcycles all on a track is the coolest
-freeze dried food is the best for food storage
- dinner isn't over until you have gone to marble slab
-a good dessert is one that is actually many different desserts
-whirley ball is the sport of champions
and
-short cut off jean shorts are evil
Hank, I have learned a lot from you and i know there is a ton more to come once we move to dallas, we love you too
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD FATHERS...DAY? or something
8 comments:
Thanks for so many good belly laughs today!! You're a great son and we love you!!!
Ah, so THAT'S where you get your cheesy-ness. Noted.
Also, are you really moving to Dallas? Where? And where does Paige's family live?
I meant, what part of Dallas. :)
Yeah, we're moving to Dallas when I'm done with optometry school (in like 4 years). Paige grew up in Richardson and her parents are still there.
Very nice although, do the dads appreciate such pictures? Tyler thinks there must be some deep-seated animosity for you to post that picture of our dad. Hahahahah.
Scott, that was really fun to read. Thanks.
Nice tribute to your dad and dad in law. Our poor parents just have to make do with the pictures we decide to post of them.
And Paige, I loved your abc's about you post. I always learn so much about people when they do those things.
For the record it was only the irrigation line that broke. So in reality we shut off only the irrigation line not the main building line. So we really didn't have to leave church early. Which means we got out early for no reason. Oh well!
Post a Comment