6.28.2008

New House


We finally found a house in Houston that is just what we were looking for! It went on the market on Thursday and we bought it Friday (after outbidding at least 4 other people), but still got it way under market value! Woo Hoo for us. It is a bit 80's as far as the outside elevation is concerned, but has 3 bedrooms and an extra room upstairs (game room, bedroom, study, Allsop suite, etc). We are really excited to get to paint it and fix it up some!

Anyone who wants to come visit, there is plenty of room and we love visitors!

9 comments:

Amber said...

How exciting. It is so fun to have a house of your own. I love the house, especially the outside, beautiful. It makes me want to come on down and hang out. I tried to click on the inside pic
to make it bigger but it wouldn't let me, looks so nice though.
Y'all should make a trip to UT sometime to visit, isn't your sister still here too?

Michelle said...

wow guys, that's awesome!! Congratulations, I love doing home projects & making it your own, you'll have fun!

Nancy said...

Congrats to you both!!! You did well. Can't wait to visit! How handy that you are close to Hobby airport and that's where Southwest flies!

VLB said...

Wow, that looks very nice. It is a very lovely home. Good Job! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! Isn't being a home owner the greatest feeling? It looks and sounds perfect. Have fun painting and making it your own. We are totally excited for you guys!

PS Way to beat those 4 other offers!

Mere said...

I am so excited for you two!!! You didn't tell me that the yard was so beautiful! I bet you are happy that there is a basketball hoop in the driveway, assuming that it stays with the house! Jared and I will definitely have to visit.

emily said...

Congrats guys! The house looks very well taken care of, if a bit 80s looking on the outside. I'm sure you will have it looking very Pottery Barn/Crate and Barrel really soon! Can't wait to visit!

Molly Krauss Smith said...

CONGRATS!! I can't wait to come visit.

Mom Louisa said...

Bruce will be there to help you move. Congrats!!