10.25.2008

Something Helpful

Since the hurricane I have been thinking a lot about how pretty much ALL of our pictures are on our copmputers. As well as old emails, papers, etc. Pretty much our life is on our computers. So, we started looking into external hard drives. Then, my Dad told me about this new thing that he uses and I thought it was so great that I should pass it on!

It's called Mozy and it's an online backup systerm. It's about $5/month for unlimited storage for home use. It will backup whatever you program it to. It automatically does the backup everynight and encrypts everything. The initial backup apparently takes a couple of days, but it will run in the background so you can still use your computer. After that the subsequent backups are really fast. One of the best things about it, is that if something happens you can access your files from anywhere. You don't need to use your old computer. You can check it out on http://www.mozy.com/ Just thought I would share.

4 comments:

Tricia and Michael said...

Good to know! we've been thinking of getting an ext hard drive too . . . maybe not anymore! So when are you going to make that solo trip to SA you've been talking about??? We'll take you ANYTIME!!!

Amber said...

Joe backs up all our pictures on a CD that we keep in a file, which reminds me we need to do it again. It's probably been a year since the last time we did it. We should look into saving the rest of the stuff on the computer too, good idea.

Nancy said...

Jim just signed up with something like that but it wasn't Mozy. Haven't heard of that one. Wonder if it's cheaper than what he did. Thanks for the info, though.

Elise said...

Hey! I found y'all through Spanky's blog....or maybe it was Susie's...don't remember. Anyways- glad to see life is treating y'all well. Thanks for the tip on backing things up & I though your "porn for women" post was hilarious. Nice house!!! How exciting!!!!