11.22.2008

Floors!

I am finally posting our before and after photos of our kitchen and dining room floors. (Mom, now you have to stop holding the cornbread dressing recipe ransom!) Last Saturday Scott and I laid the flooring. It took all day for the kitchen (mainly because we have so many angles) and it took me about 4 or 5 hours the night before to lay the dining room, although I was working by myself so I'm sure that's what took so long. Scott was nice enough to help me with cutting all the angles in the kitchen while I laid the straight parts. We LOVE it! I HATED our floor before and I'm so pleased with how this turned out.

Before:
During:
After:
Now we just have to do the countertops and the fireplace and we'll be close to done!

7 comments:

Tricia and Michael said...

very impressed!! it looks AWESOME!! can we come see it in person.

Unknown said...

Love it!! I just emailed you about wanting all the details too. Great job guys!!

Nancy said...

Incredible!!! I didn't know you could make such dramatic changes with those vynal squares and in such a short time. It's so beautiful. Well done! I like that: "We'll be CLOSE to done."

Amber said...

I love the new look. Way to go. It's always fun to start home projects but always so much work to finish them. Looks great.

emily said...

Wow! What a transformation! I agree, that 'before' flooring is pretty hideous. Love it now! Sounds like you can enjoy your cornbread dressing now!

Michelle said...

love it! I've been wanting floors like that for a while now! It looks great!

Seth and Libby said...

It looks:
A: beautifully awesome, and
B: like a lot of work.

Way to go, you two! I have a hard time believing that Scott could do such a seamless job on something like that, but then I remember he has you, Paige.=) Your place looks great! I hope things go well with your crazy schedules.