11.19.2008

I love the Temple!


Tonight Scott and I went to the Houston Temple. Our first temple trip since moving away from the gorgeous San Antonio Temple. I have to say I love it there. Not necessarily because of the gorgeous grounds or the fact that it is a total escape from reality, but it brings such a wonderful peace.


The temple couldn't be farther away from us and still be in Houston. All in all it took us about 5-6 hours to drive out to the temple and do a session. And that is with taking the HOV lane (which is a necessity in Houston). I have to say it was totally worth it. Scott may disagree since he has a quiz tomorrow morning and that drastically cut back his study time, but I really needed it and I was so glad he was there with me. You can go by yourself, but it is so nice to have someone with you.


After being there I just felt so rejuvinated. I'm pretty sure I could conquer the world right now if I put my mind to it. I'm so grateful that with the exception of 1 year in Austin I have always lived in a city with a temple, I love being there, I love feeling the spirit, I love everything about it.
As a side note we redid our floors last weekend, and I'll post pictures tomorrow Mom I promise!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a really pretty temple. And we can't wait for the floor pictures either. We miss ya!

Nancy said...

I hear ya. As I've said before I think going to the temple is like depositing "money" in the Lord's own "bank." There will be something to draw on when trouble comes and Spiritual "money" is needed. Beautiful picture! It's difficult to go once the kiddies arrive so go often while you can.

emily said...

Yes, I'm jealous. It's an over-night trip for us and separate sessions, unless we're visiting mom and dad etc. The houston temple is beautiful. I'm sure Scott did great on his quiz!