A miracle happened in Houston...it SNOWED! And not the icy fake stuff, the real, soft, flaky stuff. We were sitting inside (well i was sleeping on the floor to tell the truth) when Scott heard kids screaming and playing outside. When he looked out to see what all the commotion was (it was 10 PM) he saw SNOW! So, we went outside to play in it and found our neighbor and his step-son having a snowball fight. So, we joined the festivities and made a big snowman. I think it turned out pretty well. Scott said it was his first ever snowman. We also made snow angels and then walked around the park behind our house.
According to our neighbor it has been like 18 years since they had a good snowfall like this. So in our first 6 months of living in Houston we've had a hurricane and snow. I think we brought adventure with us.
Me...right before Scott woke me up for the snow

Scott's "yellow" snow writing...he didn't quit get through his name


My Snow Angel

Our neighbor, Norma, making her angel
14 comments:
I have to say, that's the best "real" snowman I've ever seen. Looks like a ton of fun!
Scotty, that is the finest snowman ever! (Well, it has a few more leaves than most.) I can see personality written all over his face and his body language says 'tude in a big way. And that snow angel, Paige, is Fine with a capital F. That's pretty unbelievable about all the crazy weather you guys have endured. I'm glad you were both home and able to have so much fun. Would've been a bummer if it had snowed while you were at work and school. I head on the news that Beaumont had 3 inches of snow. The most they've had in 64 years.
Oh, I forgot. THat "sleeping fort" needs to be commented on. Who put all those cushions around you? Is that how you normally take naps? When you said the sofa was so comfy for naps I thought you meant more of it. Anyway, you look comfy!
I had fallen asleep on the floor under one blanket while reading. Scott decided that I was cold and brought out 2 more (including the comforter from our bed) and then neatly arranged all the pillows behind me. He's good at making me comfortable where I fall. I will fall asleep anywhere.
...what the? Lucky gal, you got snow! I think the pic of y'all with the snowman should definitely be used for your Christmas card. :-)
Ok, that's a lot.
1. The sleeping fort is incredible. Are you sure you don't have kids living in that house?
2. I'm not sure how I feel about seeing my own brother's yellow snow... Classy Sco
3. The snow angels are textbook
4. The snowman is impressive, but I'm even more impressed that someone had a real carrot (baby carrots don't have the same effect) and a scarf. I didn't know Houstonions had scarves.
5. I still can't get over that it snowed there. Insanity!
And--is the snowman wearing a bowler hat? Where did that come from? Don't tell me his eyes are 2 lumps of coal either.
Yes, a definate miracle. Looks way fun for you guys. We unforunatley get snow in surplus. I wish I could fall asleep anywhere at anytime..that is truly a great talent of yours.
Love the snowman.
WOW! That has to be the coolest thing, actual snow in Texas and enough to play in it! I do kinda miss the snow, you sorta had your white Christmas!! Lucky ducks!
Yes, I must agree with all the others--that snowman is the best I've ever seen. And I lived in CANADA. All the snowmen there looked like piles of snow with eyes. Yours looks like Frosty the Snowman! Holly and Jolly indeed!
PS Can I get y'alls address to send a Christmas card? Can you email it to the murds @ gmail . com?
Scott I'm pretty impressed with your "penmenship" of writing your name in the snow. I'll be honest coming from Wisconsin, I like to think I mastered that craft pretty well. Lets just say I can spell my name NOT in cursive. I'll work with you on that and show you a few tricks next time!!!!
Paige, I dont have your email address to add. Could you email it to me at valerie.bond81@gmail.com?
Is the snow yellow because Scott peed on it? If so, that is gross Scott!
Hey that looks like fun!!! I'm sorry to say that we haven't even made a snowman yet this year. But yours was quite good-looking!
Post a Comment