4.18.2009

Flood and Such

Well, today was a weird day. For starters, it rained ALL day. And we're not talking pathetic rain, we're talking down pour. So much in fact our street flooded. At about 2 o'clock it was almost pitch black outside and no flooding. Half an hour later when we looked outside, our street had formed lake Ironbark. Our neighbor's car got flooded which stinks for them. Fortunately, our house is situated fairly high up and nothing but our yard and mailbox suffered. Here's some photos.
It finally stopped raining at about 8 o'clock and then it was freakishly bright outside. It stayed that way until about 8:15 when it got really really dark again. Then the sky turned green, then red, then stayed dark...all within a matter of about a half hour. It was weird, but really cool. Gotta love Houston???

As for my papers, I have about 5 sentances written...who can write with such an awesome storm going on?!?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Paige, I like your post title better than the one Scott put on Facebook. Please tell him that. Those pictures are crazy. I wouldn't have known what I was looking at without talking to Scott on the phone. Lucky the water stopped where it did. Well, the good thing about it is that this same storm brought actual rain to San Antonio and might dump on us tomorrow.

Amber said...

I've never been in a rainstorm where it floods like that. Wow. I'm sure I wouldn't get anything done either...I'm the type that has to watch the storms too.

emily said...

Cool! I love a good storm. And I love green skies! I'm jealous, but glad you guys are ok.