Me as Big Bird when I was maybe 2 or 3
Things have been super crazy the past week and will continue to be crazy for the next couple of weeks. My regular bedtime has been pushed back to 4 am, while Scott has been spending long hours at school in the clinic. He had mock competency on the morning of Halloween, which is a practice run for their competency test which allows them to begin working in the clinic on patients next semester. It's a big deal because they have to be able to do an entire exam by themselves. So, he has been super stressed (and using me as a patient, so my eyes have recieved A LOT of abuse lately), but he did really well at the mock competency, so it has taken some of the stress off.
For Halloween night we were bums and didn't hand out candy. Our street doesn't get much traffic since we are off the beaten path, so instead, we spent the money on other good things that we got to eat...such as cookie dough and sparkling grape juice. We then spent the rest of the night successfully avoiding anything productive and watched a movie while laying by a fire (it was cold enough again...as long as you leave the windows open)! It was a great night that was a much needed night off.
Then, this morning I woke up to breakfast in bed made by Scott!! He made my favorite, belgian waffles with cut up peaches and whip cream!! It was delicious and much appreciated. He's a great husband!
Now we're off to have a picnic in the park with a couple of our good friends! It's GORGEOUS outside today!
Kind of a lame update I know, but our lives only consist of school right now, and are quit boring. Oh, and the pictures are random and just meant to spice the post up a bit.
5 comments:
I was Big Bird too when I was little. I knew there was a reason I always liked you... It wasn't only the great hair, smokin' shoes, hysterical personality, and being a genuinely nice person -- It was the Big Bird in you! :)
I love the updates, I do remember the days of tests and late nights, just glad it's you now and not me. :(
Who says you have to be productive on Halloween night? Scott was probably around 4 I think. He had great hair and I'm pretty sure that's one of the few pics of him without a huge smile plastered on his face. You were darling as Big Bird. Glad Scott did well at his mock competency. Wish I could take some of that school pressure off of you guys but I guess it doesn't work that way. I certainly wouldn't want it on my shoulders. Glad you got a needed break.
Sounds like an awesome Halloween! Love the pictures.
You have to love Big Bird "costume," or should I say bag? I think that was a hand-me-down, because I'm pretty sure Mom dressed me in that one, too. :-)
I can't get over Scott's hair as a kid. Your kids are going to have kick a&% hair!
Post a Comment