Most people that know me know that I am quirky. One of those quirks is that I HATE gum. Not just chewing it myself, but the sight, smell, sound, ANYTHING dealing with gum grosses me out. This is a serious quirk. When Scott and I started dating he loved gum...that ended fast. For some reason when you tell the guy you've just started dating that gum grosses you out and you can't kiss them if they are chewing it, it tends to QUICKLY put a stop to the gum chewing. Go figure.
So, today I was up at school and as I was walking back to my car I managed to step into some gum. This was not just any gum, but blue gum that had been sitting on an extremely hot blacktop and had melted!! I was wearing sandles with a thin sole and the gum managed to squish up and get all over my foot, jeans, and sandle. Due to my disgust surrounding gum, when I looked down at my shoe, saw what was on it, and subsequently smelled it as well (it was some kind of blueberryish gum smell, ughh)...well look at the equation in the title and you'll get the idea.
I called my loving husband from my car on the verge of tears and in mass hysterics. He said that when I got home he would help me. So once I got home, he walked me into the bathroom, I sat on the edge of the tub and stuck my foot in and then drew the curtain (I couldn't stand to look at it). He then proceeded to clean my foot. This was no easy feat (no pun intended) since the gum had been melted it was adhered to my foot in a way that NOTHING could get it off short of Scott using his fingernails to scrape it off -he tried a loofa, pumice stone, wash cloth, and a barett. He also cleaned my shoe which was practically coated in the stuff. He's the best. And I think gum should be outlawed!!
8 comments:
I'm so sorry, that has to be one of the sadest, funniest posts I've read in a long time. I'm glad Scott came to your rescue. I'll be sure to put my Pink Bubblemint Orbitz away when you come into town. :)
that IS very sad, and very funny.
Just be grateful there wasn't a cockroach stuck in the gum as well :)
So this was a code blue-berry? Good thing you have a medically handy hubby. That is true love. And remind me to not chew gum around you. And I can't believe the previous commenter used the c.r.-word. I'm not sure I can come back to this blog.
Man, I love Trident Watermelon gum and always have a pack in my purse (ask my Grandkids) Anyway I will remember this about you and try not to chew in front of you... lol
I never knew you didnt like gum. Sorry you had to step in it..not fun.
Yes, Paige, that is a tragic happening for you. And Yes, Scott, is some super hubby (somehow I must take credit for that) but, I'm getting concerned- just a tad for all these various phobias and your being pregnant one day. Several perfect storms could be brewing. I'm just sayin'.
Makes me wonder if I grossed you out while chewing gum....sorry if I did. And sorry about your "equation". Way to come to the rescue Scott!
PS I am with your MIL, what is life going to be like when you are pregnant??
Uhhhhh...how did I miss the gum-hating quirk?? I feel like I don't even know you!!
Post a Comment