7.20.2011

San Antonio

This past weekend all of Scott's family (well, all of the adults) met up in San Antonio for a little reunion. We did all kinds of fun things and ate all kinds of good food. It was a wonderful weekend! Sadly, I only have pictures from one point...Sea World...and even then, I didn't take them, Scott did. I'm really terrible about taking pictures.




While watching the show Azul that has dolphins, beluga whales, and lots of people doing lots of cool things we noticed that the trainer riding the whale and doing cool things was our friend Valerie from our ward in San Antonio! So, we went up and said hi and she took us "backstage" after the show to meet the whales. It was awesome! And she was awesome for taking us back - there were quit a few of us! These are the only photos from the whole trip. Thanks again Valerie!The baby...and possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Here are a couple of short videos. The first one is Scott petting Martha, the whale that was in the show that day. The second one is the baby who decided to lay out on the platform and show off her (or his...I don't remember if it was a boy or a girl) tummy. The last one is just the whales doing their thing.




















2 comments:

Molly Krauss Smith said...

Holy cow, that baby dolphin is adorable! I know there are extremists who are against the captivity of dolphins, Sea World, and the like - but I just tell myself they're probably well fed and loved.

Nancy said...

Sure was a blast of a weekend. So glad you got to go backstage. I'll bet animal-loving Scott was in heaven.