4.25.2012

Surgery

Had surgery on both of my knees yesterday.  It went well, but I look like a mummy on my lower half.  We tried a minimally invasive procedure where the Dr. cleaned out my cartilage and "released" tissue on the outside of my knee and tightened tissue on the inside of my knee to try and make my kneecap rest in a different spot.  If this doesn't work, he does a procedure that involves going in and manually moving my tibia and securing it with lots of screws and stuff.  So all prayers that this will work are welcome!!!

Until then, I am laying around doing a whole lot of nothing.  We have had a couple of close calls where I almost went down taking my Mom or Scott with me...lets just say I never realized how low toilets are until I couldn't bend either of my knees...so it has certainly been interesting. 

My Mom was a life saver and came down to be with me for my surgery on Tuesday because Scott had school stuff all day.  She got in Monday night, we left for the hospital at 4:45am Tuesday morning, got back from my surgery at 11:00 or so, and she drove back to Dallas this morning at 8:00 am, and she flies to Utah tomorrow.  I can't thank her enough!!! 

Me hanging out on the porch the afternoon of my surgery


 I got the ace bandages off today, but still have full leg compression bandages that I have to wear for at least 2 weeks...stylish!

Now I will be couch bound and maybe blog???? Maybe I will blog about our house as we get it ready to put on the market...

4 comments:

emily said...

looking sexy there Paige! I'm sorry you have to have this done--doesn't sound fun at all, any way you look at it. But it looks like you have a good book by your side!

Nancy said...

At least you have great looking feet to hang out of those great socks! Going tee tee sounds challenging. And yes, do you have lots of great books to read?!!! Best wishes for a super speedy recovering. We will be looking forward to lots of blog posts!! : )

Nancy said...

Sorry, I seem to only have had one "great" adjective on my mind!!

Unknown said...

I hope you recover smoothly and quickly. I do hope you have some good books and that you can get/take lots of help and rest.

*I am looking forward to more blogging! :)