9.15.2008

Update #3

Well, we are still in Dallas. Last we heard (this morning) our neighborhood is still without power. They have restored water to some degree, but it is not drinkable. The University is starting classes again Tuesday, but letting students know that teachers are going to be sensitive to each individual's situation as to whether they can return yet. Still no word from my job...or if there is even a building to come back to since that was closer to the coast, but I'm happy about the impromptu vacation!!! We are planning on staying in Dallas until Wed. (that's about all the class Scott can miss) and then if we still have no power, Scott may have to go back and bunk up with a classmate while I stay here. So, we'll see. We're getting anxious to go back and assess the damage to our place and we're praying that looting hasn't gotten too bad.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the update. I've given your blog to relatives so they can check on your progress now and then. I think it will be good for at least Scott to go back to see how things stand. We are still praying for you both and your home. Remember the faithful need not fear. All things work out for those that love the Lord. (It's mostly the financial news that sparked those last thoughts.)

Tricia and Michael said...

Let us know if there's anything we (ie Michael) can do to help- he has weekends free if you (ie scott)need(s) an extra hand.

Neil and Steph said...

Wow, I can't believe they're actually starting school again so soon...You'd think they'd give Scott some more time so that you can at least move back into your home! Maybe you two should just move out to Utah. That would solve all of your troubles..hehe! Thanks for the updates...