11.03.2012

Dallas

We are here and FINALLY settled in!  You'd think it wouldn't take so long to get settled when you moved all your stuff up a month prior to moving in!!

We are going to miss Houston, well not Houston so much as the people in Houston.  We had a great ward and we both adored working with the youth.  I will say it has been a transition being in Relief Society the past two weeks when I haven't been in there the entire time we've been married (6.5 years)!

For my last activity the YW threw me a bunco party where we played bunco, ate good food, and the girls guessed the answers to some questions that my friend had asked Scott about me.  My personal favorite combination "Who is her favorite husband?"  Scott's answer "Hugh Jackman"  Does he know me or what.  I will say, I guessed correctly the first time on that one.

**It is VERY important to remember that I had come from a long day at work and I am 5 months pregnant in this photo.  VERY important!**

Scott taught Sunday school to the 15-18 year old class and there was great weeping and wailing at his departure.  Here he is with his class on his last Sunday.


Since our arrival in Dallas we have had a lot of fun and have been enjoying the time together and getting to see family.  There has been garage saleing (is that a real word?), frisbee golf, halloween party with family, the Dallas Arboretum, and lots and lots of hanging out.  

For anyone who has never been to the Dallas Arboretum, they do AMAZING things year round.  For fall, they have their pumpkin festival going on where there are tens of thousands (not even joking) of pumpkins of all kinds brought in and they have an entire pumpkin village with several pumpkin houses, pumpkin fields, pumpkin animals, etc.  As an added bonus, there is also a Chuhuly (famous glass blower) exhibit going on right now as well.  The pictures don't do it justice.








2 comments:

raisruckus said...

I'm glad you're getting settled, but can only imagine how sad the youth were to lose you. I can't think of a more perfect place for y'all. I think it's so cool you got to see the Chuhuly exhibit. I got to go with Brooklyn one day to the San Antonio Museum of Art and see a video of how he does all his works, then they had a display of some of his pieces. I also love his flowers at the Bellagio. He has an amazing talent. Enjoy getting settled and preparing for that cute baby! (PS I wish I looked that tired when I'm fresh and awake. You look beautiful!)

Nancy said...

Such a great post!!!

I am remembering the important facts relating to your photo, Paige, but it wasn't necessary because you look GREAT!

All those young men and women were soooooo blessed to have you 2 as their teachers and mentors for the last many years. I can imagine that there was weeping and wailing all over the place when they found out you were moving, especially since they won't get to see and welcome into the world Baby Harris!

Can we go to the arboretum in December??? Looks awesome and I must not miss it!! Fav. pic. is the one of the water by the water.

But the pumpkin house is a true work of art! How'd they get them to fit so tightly and neatly?

I noticed something on Scott's leg. What is that? and why??

Thanks again for the terrific post!!